Saturday, May 9, 2009

He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything.

Joel is doing considerably well despite his tremendous pain. They made him sit up in a chair for 2.5 hours this morning and that about did him in. He had a few routine procedures this morning: took the main line out of his neck and replaced with a smaller one, took blood, and an xray. He should get his cath and main chest drainage tube out sometime today.

I have never ever been witness to such tremendous health care in my life. Joel has a full time nurse dedicate solely and fully to him. Northwestern Hospital = excellence in health care. Wow, what a difference 200 miles makes. They know him, they know his needs, they know his history. He waits for nothing - if he asks for something -its taken care of immediately.
The comprehensive health care is truly amazing and the staff are so passionate about their jobs - it leaves me shaking my head in astonishment. They work as a team and as a result of that -- there is no confusion among the various doctors seeing Joel, no repetition of information, etc.


Funny side note, my parents and I were at the hospital for over 19 hours yesterday --only leaving for two very short stints to eat. After we came back from dinner, Joel looked at me and said, "Wow. I can't believe you are just now coming to see me!" I was like, "huh"? He said, "I've been here alone all day...where have you been?" Poor thing -- he was on so much medication that he didn't remember all of us being by his side :(. I told him we were all here all day and I had the pictures of him flipping me off and the blog to prove it :).

He is going to try to eat lunch...hasnt had anything to eat since Thursday at 7pm.

Thank you all for you continued concern and prayers.

More soon! Love, Michelle

PS- Happy Birthday, Joel SR! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment